Friday 14 September 2012

Behind the Video: Picking the Best track


SoundCloudIn order to find the best track, each member of our group went out to find various songs as possibilities to use in our video. The main source for our music was soundcloud, however I did look at other broadcasting sites such as Sound Cloud and YouTube.


Surfing around Sound Cloud I came up with this list of songs that particularly caught my ear.
I have managed to narrow my choice of songs down to these three tracks:

1. On my own - Lil Dope ft Reasin

I really liked the rapping in this one and felt that it would be somewhat easy to film as it only required using one person in the video.

2. Driftin' Away ft Reasin - J Luciano

This one stood out, its subtle tones and use of the words driftin' away give it quite an ethereal meaning which could lend itself to the use of natural imagery and soft wipe cuts.

3. Dirty Dike- Catch me if you nah

This was suggested to me by another member of the group as he knows the artist as they live quite local to us. It has some good elements however it may be somewhat to explicit for show to the lower years in assembly.